Maintenance Effectiveness engages front-line Maintenance personnel, Superintendents and Managers in a 4-step process that varies by focus area:
Work Management Process
- Identify and prioritise specific improvements to address gaps.
- Develop implementation plans and identify Idea Leaders to champion improvements.
- Implement improvements and measure results - refine improvement as needed.
Develop driver tree of equipment downtime for bottleneck plant area.
- Generate ideas for top key equipment from driver tree.
- Select top ideas and develop implementation plans with Idea Leaders.
- Implement improvements and monitor results; test PM plans using FMEA.
Failure Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Confirm steps and associated responsibilities for each RCA task.
- Agree changes to streamline the RCA process and improve quality of analysis.
- Implement simple tracking tool for corrective action follow-up and audit.